A. B. Carter, Inc. began manufacturing and marketing its first product, the Boyce Weavers Knotter, shortly after the Company was founded by Arthur Bynum Carter in 1922. Mr. Carter's interest and expertise in the application of rings and travelers for producing quality spun yarns led the way for establishing the metal traveler business in 1937.
The Company has continued to grow over the years through acquisitions of companies and product-lines but most importantly through servicing our customers' needs.
A. B. Carter, Inc. is now marketing a diverse line of products through several divisions with specialized industry knowledge. Each division maintains the necessary technical expertise to assist customers with application, operation and servicing issues. Comprehensive yarn support includes products, parts and accessories for cotton and synthetic spinning plants and filament yarn producers manufacturing any type of traditional textile yarn and composite yarns.
A. B. Carter, Inc., and its growing list of equity partners, supply quality specialty products to carpet yarn producers worldwide with the following commitments.
- World's most comprehensive selection – manufacturer and supplier of traveler styles and weights for every possible application
- International supplier and solution provider – to world’s leading yarn and fiberglass manufacturers
- Patent holder and manufacturer – of industry specific ring and traveler finishes for longer life, quality and wear
- Specialists and committed implementer – of continuous improvement for new and innovative products for yarn producers
- Value-added innovative partner – offering research, development, technology, skills and resources developed from careful growth and appropriate acquisitions
- Committed implementers of continuous improvement for new and innovative products in heat set processes
- Key supplier and solution provider to leading carpet yarn producers
- Manufacturer of stainless steel belts, counter bands, pressure rolls and accessories for the largest carpet market in the world
- Supplier of the world’s most versatile Frieze and straight set conversion for Suessen heat setting
- Developer of 16 carpet related patents
A. B. Carter, Inc. is universally recognized as a quality supplier of machines, products, parts and accessories for the yarn, carpet, fiberglass and industrial sectors of the textile and composite industry. A. B. Carter, Inc. also serves other industries with the sale of low carbon wire through our Carter Wire division (www.carterwire.com).
A. B. Carter, Inc. products are sold worldwide through a network of sales agents with representatives in 44 countries. In addition, A. B. Carter, Inc. operates three sales and service subsidiaries located in Brazil, Hong Kong and China.
Contact A. B. Carter, Inc. to discuss equipment for your yarn, carpet, fiberglass or industrial textile requirements.